These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) set forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the https://www.therootnetwork.com website (“Website”), “Staking website” at staking.therootnetwork.com and any of their related products and services (collectively, “Services”). This Agreement is legally binding between you (“User”, “you” or “your”) and FUTUREVERSE LIMITED (“Futureverse Corporation Limited”, “we”, “us” or “our”). In these Terms, references to “Futureverse”, “we”, “our”, and “us” means Futureverse Corporation Limited, a New Zealand company with its registered office at 17 South Street, Newton, Auckland 1010, New Zealand, or to experiences hosted in the web3 environments (as the context requires).
If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this agreement, in which case the terms “User”, “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority or do not agree with the terms of this agreement, you must not accept this agreement and may not access and use the Services. By accessing and using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract between you and FUTUREVERSE LIMITED, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you, and it governs your use of the Services.
- Bootstrap rewards is outlined in The Root Network whitepaper. Early backers are rewarded up to 10% of the total ROOT supply over 260 weeks. These are calculated at the end of the reward cycle, transferred to The Vortex and distributed in Vortex tokens.
- Participant is anyone who stakes, nominates or becomes a validator on The Root Network.
- ROOT is the token used to power The Root Network.
- Services is everything related to the staking experience, including “Staking website” and other related services now and in the future for the purpose of staking on The Root Network.
- Staking website refers to the internet website hosted at https://staking.therootnetwork.com
- The Root Network marketing website or marketing website refers to the internet website hosted at https://therootnetwork.com.
- The Vortex is where all fees collected on the network are stored. This also includes the ROOT from Bootstrap Rewards.
- Vortex tokens are rewarded to participants on The Root Network. Vortex tokens are backed by the underlying tokens accumulated in The Vortex.
- Work points are earned by validators for doing work to complete blocks & transactions on the network. Nominators earn a percentage commission of Work points based on their selected validators.
- Websites refers to the Staking website, the marketing website and potentially other related websites in future.
Use of The Root Network Staking experience
- The staking website is intended to allow participants to stake tokens to power The Root Network and earn rewards for participating.
- By viewing, using, or transacting with this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms.
- Users are entirely responsible for the safety and management of their own private wallets and FuturePass accounts and for validating all transactions and contracts generated by this website before approval.
- This website, our smart contract, and all connected services related to staking and rewards are provided “as is” without any warranty or promise of availability of services of any kind.
- By using this website to view and/or participate, you are accepting sole responsibility for any and all transactions involved in participating and any others offered added to this website in the future.
Accuracy of information
- Neither we nor any related third party, provide any guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found on any Futureverse operated websites, whitepapers or otherwise in relation to Futureverse, The Root Network, and any associated Smart Contracts. Our liability to you is as set out in the Terms.
- Occasionally there may be information on the Services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to product descriptions, pricing, availability, promotions and offers. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Services or Services is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Services, including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied to the Services should be taken to indicate that all information on the Services or Services has been modified or updated.
- In addition to other terms, as outlined in the Agreement, you are prohibited from using the Services or Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Services, third-party products and services, or the Internet; (h) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (i) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (j) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Services, third-party products and services, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Services for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Eligibility of use
- The Website, information and Services are not directed at or intended for use by any person resident or located in any jurisdiction where the distribution of such information or functionality is contrary to the laws of such jurisdiction. The above applies to businesses, other legal entities, or persons acting on behalf of entities.
Intellectual property rights
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights conferred by statute, common law or equity in or in relation to any copyright and related rights, trademarks, designs, patents, inventions, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights to inventions, rights to use, and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection and any other results of intellectual activity which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by Futureverse or third parties, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Futureverse.
- All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Futureverse or its licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of Futureverse or third-party trademarks.
Disclaimers of warranty
- You agree that such Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that your use of the Services is solely at your own risk.
- We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
- We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service unless stated otherwise. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Limitation of liability
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS, FUTUREVERSE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AND EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN RELATION TO ROOT, VORTEX TOKENs, OR ANY ASSOCIATED SMART CONTRACTS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, WRITTEN, ORAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES OTHERWISE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Futureverse, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the liable party has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of Futureverse and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors relating to the services will be limited to an amount no greater than one dollar or any amounts actually paid in cash by you to The Root Network specific for the staking service for the prior one month period before the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or failure of its essential purpose.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Futureverse and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your use of the Services or any wilful misconduct on your part.
- All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable.
- If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its terms related to the Services at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways at our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided or the website.
An updated version of this Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting the revised Agreement unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of the revised Agreement (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to access or use the Services.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Agreement, we encourage you to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on: 22/08/2023